Next Forest Lottery draw on Sat 22 February at 8PM
The draw is in 5 days 7 hours 23 minutes!
Andy Lewis - It’s Fun 2 Tri provides a much loved and valued service for the community.
Each year for the last 3 years I have hosted its Fun2Tri to get local children active. It works by hosting 4 different sessions over 5 months.
1. Swim Skills - Helping children to have fun in the water, development of a life saving skill. After this I tell them about Lydney swimming Club to signpost them to a club.
2. Bike Skills - During this session not only do I talk about bike skills but also help children to maintain there bikes and learn about the safety on the road as well as having fun.
3. Run Skills - With fitness and fun in mind children pace themselves against the bleep test. A test that each Tiné they do it they try to improve the level they reach.
4. Test Event - Mini Triathlon - Once the children have mastered these three skills they take part in a test event where they get to peace all three together.
5. THE MAIN EVENT - this is where each child that completes the course compete in a triathlon and get a medal. The parents get involved, local community can support and everyone finishes with a smile on their faces.
HOWEVER We need your help so we can continue to offer and even expand our service!
I can no longer offer this program to the children without the support of others. Each year I end up funding some of this myself. I would like to buy some equipment so I don't have to keep begging for kit. I also would like to purchase a few spare secondhand bikes, few spare helmets etc as not everyone has a bike, this is thorough either not being able to afford one of maybe theirs is broken.
I want to help everyone get active, no matter of gender, religion, sex or age it's about keeping healthy.
Thank you for your support and good luck!
Mr Andy Lewis MBE
Mr B supported Friends of Scarr Bandstand with 1 ticket
19 hours ago
Mr J supported Ruardean Hill Sports Club with 5 tickets
46 hours ago
Ms J supported Forest of Dean Dog Rescue with 1 ticket
2 days ago
Mr H supported Forest of Dean Dog Rescue with 2 tickets
3 days ago
Mrs W supported Orchard Trust with 2 tickets
3 days ago
Mrs G supported Hope for Tomorrow with 3 tickets
3 days ago
Feel great knowing 60% of ticket sales will go to good causes - 50% to your chosen cause and 10% to other causes in the Forest of Dean.
That's right, unlike many other lotteries Forest Lottery tickets are only £1 per week
Each ticket has a 1 in 50 chance to win with a top prize of £25,000!